No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey you are welcome here at the United Church of Christ of Honeoye.
We are easy to find, located at 8758 Main Street in Honeoye, New York.
What should you expect when visiting us for the first time?
- Worship is on Sunday mornings year round at 10:00 am.
- Communion is served on the first Sunday of each month.
- The worship service usually runs one hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
- When you arrive you will find ample parking in our parking lot off of Main Street.
- We are fully handicap accessible. A chair lift gives the option to bypass our only section of stairs; between the sanctuary and dining hall.
- You can access our building by the front entrance located on Main Street or by the parking lot entrance. The Church Street entrance is also available, and is closer to the church office, the pastors study and the education wing.
- If you wish to be greeted, a greeter is always waiting by the Main Street entrance of our sanctuary.
- Our children attend the beginning of worship service until “Young Christians’ Talk”. After which they attend Sunday School which is held in our education wing. A short group lesson is taught by our Sunday School Director, then classes are divided by grade level where they can have small discussion, activities or crafts. During the summer months, activities are provided for children entering kindergarten to 5th grade by members of the Board of Christian Education. Younger children are welcome to go to the nursery and older children are invited to remain in church to experience God’s grace with the adults
- Children younger than age four have the option of attending Nursery Care. Nursery Care starts fifteen minutes before our service, and is accessible at any time during our worship service.
- There are two doors through which to enter our sanctuary; the Main Street entrance, where an usher will provide you with a bulletin which fully outlines the whole service; or the stairway from the fellowship hall, where bulletins are available on a shelf before you enter the sanctuary. Bulletins are available in large print as well as standard.
- Following the worship service, please join us downstairs in the Dining Hall for a time of refreshments and fellowship.